Friday, June 16, 2006

Non sequitur

Blogs, reader-reviews, and other groundling soapboxes have been the subject of much debate in my office, since the May debut of Keith’s novel.
From the ether came a few reviews on Amazon.com that serve as an excellent Friday mental sorbet, cleansing the intellectual pallet of all of my moody pontificating this week.
Presented for your edification, selections from the work of one Mr. Alan Williamson:

Ulysses
Hugely dissapointing, June 14, 2006

Reviewer: Mr Alan Williamson (All over the place!) - See all my reviews

I bought this having been a huge fan of the cartoon series, but Mr Joyce has taken a winning formula and produced a prize turkey. After 20 pages not only had Ulysses failed to even board his spaceship, but I had no idea at all what on earth was going on. Verdict: Rubbish.




2006 National Painting Cost Estimator (National Painting Cost Estimator) (Paperback)
Even Better Than 2005 National Painting Cost Estimator (National Painting Cost Estimator)!, May 29, 2006
Reviewer: Mr Alan Williamson (All over the place!) - See all my reviews

It makes my blood boil when I hear youngsters today complaining that they have failed to accurately estimate their painting costs. There are simply no excuses for such ignorance. They should make this book part of the national curriculum!

No comments: